Not only do banks handle money, but they also make a lot of money. Banks typically make money by charging service fees and interest rates to their customers, which can include mortgage loan interest and overdraft fees. Do you know which banks make the most money every second?
This graphic created by Indyfin.com looks at every bank on the Forbes Global 2000 list to see which bank earned the most money per second in 2022:
This is how much the top banks in the world make every single second:
- ICBC (China): $1,452
- JPMorgan Chase (United States): $1,281
- China Construction Bank (China): $1,246
- Agricultural Bank of China (China): $993
- Bank of China (China): $885
- Bank of America (United States): $568
- Citigroup (United States): $542
- Goldman Sachs Group (United States): $479
- China Merchants Bank (China): $447
- Morgan Stanley (United States): $425
ICBC, formally known as the Industrial and Commercial Bank of China, tops the list. The bank has headquarters in Beijing and makes nearly $1,500 per second. It is a government-owned business and is considered one of the most profitable companies in the world.
Second on the list is JPMorgan Chase, which is headquartered in New York City and incorporated in Delaware. It is one of America’s “Big Four” banks, which also includes Bank of America, Wells Fargo, and Citigroup. JPMorgan Chase earns $1,281 per second. The bank’s predecessor is The Bank of the Manhattan Company and was established in 1799 by Aaron Burr.