When scrolling through the average cellphone, you’ll almost always see apps such as Facebook Messenger, Google Chrome, Amazon Prime, TikTok, rideshare apps such as Uber and Lyft, and so on. Almost everyone has them and doesn’t think twice about what information they are collecting from you on a daily basis. The truth is that these major tech companies are collecting a lot more than you might realize.
If you aren’t already paranoid enough, check out the full chart from TruePeopleSearch Insights below:
Click below to view the full-size infographic
Grab your tinfoil hats, here are some revelations that we found particularly shocking while reading over the chart:
- Did you know that Reddit knows your physical address?
- Microsoft knows your handwriting patterns.
- Microsoft, Amazon, Facebook, TikTok, and Uber all collect facial recognition data from you.
- Almost all apps know the other apps you have installed on your phone (why would they need this information?)
- Almost all companies know which content you’ve viewed regardless of which app or program used.
TikTok in particular has been the point of contention in recent months as allegations of spying and ties to the Chinese government have been exposed. The company has gone as far as to hire lobbyists to help protect their interests while the controversy surrounding the viral video app continues to grow.